For many Californians, heading out on the water is a chance to escape everyday life, relax, and have fun. Whether you take the boat, Jet Ski, WaveRunner, or otherwise out on the water, you should be sure your watercraft is properly insured beforehand. Watercraft insurance in Brentwood, CA lets you do all your activities with some added peace of mind.
At Jack Stone Insurance Agency, we’re dedicated to finding you the right insurance for your watercraft. We offer many coverage options for you and your marine vehicle, specializing in insurance for:
- Jet Skis
- Performance boats And more!
Unfortunately, accidents can happen – even on the water. Although, a watercraft insurance policy will help to cover your boat and personal watercraft, as well as its motor against potential loss to:
- Collision with another boat or an object
- Damage caused by an uninsured or underinsured boater
Your watercraft insurance policy can also extend to protect extra equipment attached to your boat or watercraft, such as anchors, oars, canopies, life preservers, and fuel tanks. Personal property and fishing equipment coverage is also available.
The liability portion of your watercraft insurance will help to pay for medical expenses or legal costs if you are found to be at fault for a boating accident. Coverage options include:
- Bodily injury payments
- Damage to another’s property
- Medical payments
- Guest passenger liability
Here are a few key additional coverages to look out for when shopping for California boat insurance.
- Agreed Value Coverage. Watercraft depreciate just like cars. Actual cash value policies mean that if your boat is damaged to the point of total loss, you will get the value you insured it for, minus any deductible. Replacement cost policies are advisable as these do not factor in depreciation.
- Personal Effects. Your policy can provide coverage for many personal effects on board, including jewelry, cell phones, scuba/snorkeling and other sporting equipment.
- Fuel Spill Liability and Wreckage Removal. No one likes to think of the worst, but it’s best to be prepared just in case. If your boat or watercraft should sink or be seriously damaged, there is a chance it would leak oil or fuel into the water. By law, you are required to clean this up, which can be expensive and extensive.
There is no one-size-fits-all policy for watercraft insurance in Brentwood, CA. Every need is unique, and the team at Jack Stone Insurance Agency can help you find the right coverage for your needs.