Each time you get behind the wheel of your car, you run the chance of being involved in a car accident. Luckily, investing in the right auto insurance in Brentwood, California can help to ensure that you are protected while on the road.
All drivers are required to carry auto insurance in Brentwood, California. However, only liability coverage is required. In California, you are required to carry a minimum of $15,000 liability for injury or death to one person, $30,000 liability for injury or death to more than one person, and $5,000 liability for damage done to property.
Even though liability coverage is the only auto insurance in Brentwood, California insurance coverage that is required, there are many other coverage options that are available that can help to keep you better protected while on the road. When looking for the right amount of protection for your specific needs, consider these coverage options.
- Collision coverage – which will cover the cost of any damages to your vehicle that happen during an accident with another vehicle.
- Comprehensive coverage – sometimes called “other than collision coverage,” comprehensive coverage will provide protection for damage that is done to your vehicle in an incident other than a collision, such as theft, fire, or a falling object.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage – even though auto insurance is required in California, almost 15 percent of drivers on the road did not have coverage. Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage will provide protection for any damage to your vehicle that is done by another driver who does not have auto insurance.
- Rental car coverage – if you are not able to drive your car while it is being repaired after an accident, rental car coverage will pay for a rental car to help you get around until your car is out of the shop.
- Medical payments coverage – if anyone in your vehicle is injured during an accident, medical payments coverage will pay for any medical bills that are associated with the accident.
When looking for the right auto insurance in Brentwood, California to provide the right amount of protection for your specific needs, contact Jack Stone Insurance today.