Safe driving habits and auto insurance in Antioch can keep your passengers safe.
As a driver, it’s your responsibility to be safe on the roads, not only for yourself but also for your passengers and other motorists. With the roads busier than ever, it’s important to take extra caution to remain safe. Fortunately, good driving habits and securing auto insurance in Antioch can do just the trick!
Here are the top tips to ensure that you and your passengers cruise safely on the roads today.
Always stick to the speed limit! Road safety laws are there to protect you and your passengers. Drivers are more likely to be injured in a collision when a car is traveling at high speeds.
Use these tips:
- Regularly check your speed as you drive
- Know the limits – always take notice of signs
- Slow your speed as soon as you get into residential areas
- Remember speed limits are a maximum and not a target
Wearing a seatbelt will keep passengers traveling in a car securely and prevent them being thrown through the windscreen during a crash. Always make sure that passengers have their seatbelt on before setting off.
Avoid the top three distractions:
- Mobile phones – Using your mobile phone in any way is distracting. Mute notifications for incoming calls, alerts, and texts so that you can concentrate on the road ahead.
- Children and pets – Ensure that your child and pet are strapped in safely at all times so that they cannot move around the car while traveling.
- The radio – Settle on a radio station before setting off so that you don’t fiddle with the dials while driving.
Check out these tips on how to stay focused and avoid distracted driving.
Keep your car in good condition by regularly checking the car’s lights, tire pressures, brakes, fluids, and oil levels. Make sure that there is always an emergency kit in the car and that you have sufficient auto insurance if there is an accident.
Remember that the entire object of driving is to keep yourself and passengers safe on the road. For the auto insurance to protect you while you’re cruising, visit Jack Stone Insurance Agency, serving Brentwood, Antioch, and surrounding metropolitan areas of California.