Quick and Easy Homemade Pizza Recipe!
The weather is cooling down and we’re starting to crave warm, comforting food – including pizza. Pizza is a much-loved dish by many. It’s been around for centuries and is incredibly versatile. If you’ve ever made a pizza before, you will understand that there’s nothing quite like a homemade crust with your favorite toppings. To celebrate National Pizza Month in October, whip up this delicious pizza for the family tonight.
No Knead Crust:
- 1 tsp active yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano or other herbs
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder optional
- Red pizza sauce of choice
- Sliced bell pepper
- Sliced red onion
- Thinly sliced white mushrooms
- Sliced zucchini or other sliced veggies of choice
- Sliced kalamata olives
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- fresh basil
- pepper flakes
- In a bowl, mix warm water, yeast and 1 tbsp flour. Let it sit for a few minutes to activate.
- Add 1 cup flour, salt, herbs and garlic and olive oil and mix in. Add another 3 tbsp flour and mix in. Get your hands in there to mix and knead for a few seconds into a soft slightly sticky dough. Add another tbsp flour if needed. Gather the dough into a ball and let it sit for 15 minutes in a warm place.
- Add a 1/2 tsp oil over the dough and spread with your hands. Gather the dough into a ball and place on parchment lined sheet.
- Use a bit of flour to spread the dough into a 13 to 14 inch size oval. Spread it depending on how thick or thin you want the crust to be. Keep the edges thicker than the center. Let it sit for a few minutes. Preheat the oven to 435 degrees F.
- Spread the pizza sauce on the crust. Distribute the sliced veggies, mushrooms and olives evenly.
- Mix chopped garlic with a tsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt and oregano. Sprinkle over the pizza.
- Sprinkle salt over the veggies.
- Bake the pizza for 17 to 18 minutes or until golden on the edges. Sprinkle chopped fresh basil, and pepper flakes. Slice and serve!
The team at Jack Stone Insurance Agency hope that you enjoy this recipe for National Pizza Month! For all of your insurance policies in Antioch, Brentwood, and beyond, contact us today.