Homeowners Insurance and Common Natural Disasters
No matter where you live in the nation, there’s a good chance that you’ll have to deal with one or more natural disasters or severe weather events. Homes face damage all across the States, and it’s important you not only know how to deal with such a disaster, but also which disasters are covered by your homeowners insurance in Antioch, CA.
Types of disasters covered:
Coverage will vary policy to policy, homeowner to homeowner, but homeowners insurance generally covers:
- Fire or lighting
- Windstorm or hail
- Damage caused by aircraft
- Damage caused by vehicles
- Falling objects
Types of disasters not covered:
- Flood damage is excluded under standard home insurance policies. Fortunately, you are able to secure flood insurance coverage through a separate policy.
- Earthquake coverage is often not covered in standard policies as it is considered a “mass destruction” event. To secure protection, you will need to find a separate policy or add it on as an endorsement to your home insurance.
- Maintenance/Wear and tear. It is the homeowners responsibility to properly maintain the home and take reasonable precautions to protect the property from damage. Home policies will not cover wear and tear damage, mold, or termite infestations.
Ask your insurer for more information about your policy! When you’re ready to secure a quality homeowners insurance coverage, talk to the friendly experts at Jack Stone Insurance Agency. We serve Antioch, Brentwood, and surrounding cities in California. Contact us today to get started!