Delicious (and Easy!) Summer Salad Recipe
The summer days call for gatherings with friends, family, and good food. Summer is also the perfect time to enjoy seasonal produce of all shapes, sizes, and colors. Whether you’re hosting or attending a summer party, be sure to whip up this delicious and easy rainbow potato salad.
- 1.5 lb bag little potatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp pickle juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup carrot, grated
- ¼ cup celery, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp garlic dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion, chopped (and soaked in ice water for 10 minutes)
- 2 tbsp green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp green bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- In a large pot, cover the quartered Creamer potatoes with cold water, add 1 tsp of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn down to a simmer and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Do not overcook.
- In a small bowl, combine the pickle juice, paprika, ¼ tsp salt, and black pepper. Add the dressing to the potatoes while they’re still warm. Mix with a fork, mashing slightly to thicken the dressing.
- Cool the potatoes and dressing in your fridge or freezer until they are room temperature or cooler.
- Gently mix in all the remaining ingredients: carrot, celery, dill, pickles, red onion, green onion, red and green bell pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. The flavors will marry and intensify if you refrigerate overnight before serving. Garnish with paprika and dill.
The team at Jack Stone Insurance Agency hope that you enjoy this recipe! For all of your insurance policies in Antioch, Brentwood, and beyond, contact us today.