Safeguard Your Property and Prepare for a Power Outage
In today’s climate, the weather can change in an instant. Storms can be unpredictable. They bring strong winds that knock down power lines and cause destruction for many homeowners. To help you prepare for a power outage so that you’re not stumbling around in the dark, take a look at these tips.
- Keep a flashlight in an easy-to-reach location. Keep this flashlight stocked with fresh batteries. Avoid using candles for light.
- Stock up an emergency supply kit that is also in an easy-to-reach location. This should contain your family’s medications, a first aid kit, supplies for pets, blankets, fresh water, and non-perishable snacks.
- Keep your refrigerator and freezer shut to preserve food for a longer period of time. Only open if absolutely necessary.
- Have a hand-cranked radio on hand to listen out for updates on the storm.
- Always keep your cellphone charged so you’re able to make calls in the event of an emergency.
- Turn off or disconnect appliances and other equipment in case of a momentary power surge that can damage computers and other devices. We also recommend using a surge protector to safeguard electronics.
These tips can help you to prepare for a power outage if a strong storm approaches. To properly protect your property, take out reliable homeowners insurance. The experts at Jack Stone Insurance Agency are well-versed at finding coverage to match every homeowner’s needs and budget. To get started on your tailored policy, contact our team today!