Create These Easter Eggs to Enjoy on the 21st!
Easter is right around the corner, and there’s nothing quite like doing an Easter egg hunt on the morning of! For most of us, Easter has become a chocolate-filled and sugar-fuelled holiday. For many parents, the prospect of endless Easter recipes and sweet treats coming their children’s way can be daunting. To help, we’ve listed a delicious recipe below for some homemade Easter eggs that you can hide around the home and garden for the hunt. They are refined-sugar free, making them a healthier choice to enjoy over the holiday.
You’ll need an egg mold, which you can buy online or at some large supermarkets – depending on the size of your mold, this recipe will make around six to eight
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons agave syrup
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of peanut butter (optional)
- Melt the oil in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, carefully transfer the bowl to your work surface.
- Add the agave syrup to the melted coconut oil and mix together.
- Add the cacao powder and stir until you have smooth, liquid chocolate.
- Reserving a little of the chocolate mixture, pour the rest into your molds of choice, tilting the molds so the mixture covers the surface.
- Leave the molds in your fridge or freezer for around 20 minutes, or until the chocolate has set.
- Take the molds out of the fridge and carefully remove the chocolate egg halves. Spoon in the peanut butter (if using) for a surprise filling.
- Brush the rim of each mold with the leftover liquid chocolate, then stick the egg halves together.
- Leave to set in the fridge for a further 10 minutes, then enjoy!
The team at Jack Stone Insurance Agency wish your family a happy and safe Easter holiday! For all of your personal and commercial insurance needs, contact us today.