Now that the colder weather is here to stay, it is time to pull out delicious hearty recipes that will keep the whole family warm! Keep this mini chicken and broccoli potpie recipe in mind for a meal that everyone will love!
- 2 tablespoons room temperatures unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ room temperature whole milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 small store-bought rotisserie chicken breast, chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 cup broccoli florets, cut into ¼ inch pieces
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 10-inch round unfold-and-bake frozen pie crusts, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 12-cup mini muffin pan
- 3-inch round cookie cutter
- 2-inch round cookie cutter
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray the muffin pan with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- For the potpie filling – melt the butter in a 1-quart saucepan over medium low heat. Add the flour and whisk until smooth, for 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly to prevent lumps. Simmer over medium low heat, whisking constantly, until the sauce is thick and smooth, or about 6 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Parmesan, salt, pepper, broccoli, and chicken.
- For assembly – roll the dough 1/8 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut out 12 pieces of dough with the 3-ince round cookie cutter. Cut out another 12 pieces of dough using the 2-inch round cookie cutter. Press the large round of dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spoon the sauce mixture into the pastry.
- Combine the egg and 1 teaspoon of water in a small bowl, using a fork. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg mixture and place the remaining pieces of dough on the top. Lightly press the edges of the dough together to seal. Press around the edges of the pies using a fork. Brush the tops of each pie with the beaten egg. Cut a ½-inch long slit into the top of the pie using a paring knife. Bake until the tops are golden and the filling is bubbling, or about 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool, and enjoy!
Jack Stone Insurance Agency in Brentwood, California would like to encourage you to try this delicious recipe this winter!