Reasons to Walk Every Day
Walking is one of the most underrated forms of exercise. While it’s great for weight loss, the benefits of walking go far beyond that. To inspire you to grab your sneakers and head out for a stroll, take a look at these benefits of walking every day.
- It keeps you fit. A brisk walk is a great form of aerobic exercise. Doing this regularly helps you to get fitter so you find it easier to be more active.
- It improves your health. Walking regularly can help reduce your risk of heart disease, diabetes, high cholesterol, and cardiovascular diseases such as high blood pressure and stroke. Walking can even reduce your risk of developing breast cancer.
- It boosts your energy levels. You may think that regular walking would tire you out, but it does the opposite! Exercise sparks your energy levels meaning you will soon have more energy than when you were inactive.
- It’s great for your mental health. Walking is good for your physical and mental health. Exercise releases endorphins in your body which create a ‘natural high’, helping you to feel better and happier.
- It reconnects you with nature. We’re all guilty of spending too much time on our phones and online. Walking encourages you to get outside and appreciate your local scenery.
- It eases joint pain. Researchers found that walking reduces arthritis-related pain, and that walking five to six miles a week can even prevent arthritis from forming.
- It boost your immune system. Walking can help protect you during cold and flu season. Walking at least 20 minutes a day helps to combat and fight off cold and flu symptoms.
What’s more, walking is entirely free! All you need is a good pair of shoes and a place to stroll around. Doing something great for your health has never been easier. For all of your personal and commercial insurance needs, contact the team at Jack Stone Insurance Agency.