Tips to help you get outside and survive allergy season.
The fresh cut grass, blooming flowers, and blossoming trees of spring are typically a pleasant sight for all of us. However, the pleasantries of spring can give way to sneezing, coughing, itchy eyes, headaches, and more allergy symptoms. While many enjoy the season of spring, the rest of us are loathing the pollen count outside that will turn our heads into cotton balls. When this time does come around, work fast to minimize seasonal symptoms and survive allergy season.
Survive allergy season with these tips:
- Get symptom relief: Over-the-counter decongestants will help a stuffy nose while antihistamines can tackle sniffles and itching. Be sure to pick up a packet (or few) to prepare you for the season ahead.
- Rinse with salt water: Try a saline nasal rinse that helps to clear allergens like pollen from your nasal membranes, in turn minimizing symptoms.
- Change after work: Don’t drag allergens throughout your home where they’ll continue to cause your symptoms to act up. Change clothes and shoes when you get in from work or after spending time outside.
- Have an indoor workout: Check pollen counts in the morning and try to stay indoors when they’re high. You may need to sacrifice your morning run for an hour at the gym.
- Shut it out: If you’re allergic to pollen, keep your windows closed and run the air conditioner. If you’re allergic to indoor allergies such as mold and dust, open the windows and let in some fresh air!
- Strengthen your immune system: Some allergies are relieved by a well-maintained immune system. Eat a balanced diet and stock up on Vitamin C during spring.
If you find yourself sneezing and spluttering, be sure to put these tips into practice!
From the insurance experts at Jack Stone Insurance Agency, we hope that you use these tips to survive the allergy season! Visit us today to secure your insurance needs in Antioch and surrounding cities in California.