Let our insurance agents Antioch, CA know how you like this fall recipe!
Pumpkins are just for carving, they are also great to add to your fall meals! Try this delicious pumpkin recipe to take advantage of the flavors of the season.
Baked Stuffed Pumpkin
You will need:
- 4 ounces sweet Italian sausage
- 1 pumpkin, chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped Granny Smith apples
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 small pumpkins, such as Little Boo or Small Sugar
Then you will need to:
- Make the stuffing by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. De-case and crumble the sausage meat into a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook the sausage until it is almost done, about 8 minutes. Remove the sausage from the pan, raise the heat to medium, and add the onion and 2 cups of the chopped pumpkin. Sauté until the pumpkin starts to soften, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the chopped apple and sausage and sauté for 3 more minutes. Add the wine, cook for 2 minutes, remove from the heat, and set aside. Mix together the cranberries, couscous, oil, thyme, salt, oregano, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the meat mixture and toss to combine.
- Bake the pumpkins by evenly filling hollowed out pumpkins with the stuffing mixture and put the pumpkins in a shallow baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil, bake for 25 minutes, remove the foil, and cook for another 10 minutes. Enjoy!
With all the baking and entertaining that you will probably be doing this fall and winter, it is important to make sure that you are protected from any unfortunate situation with the right insurance policies. Contact the Antioch, CA insurance agents at Jack Stone Insurance Agency.