With the weather starting to cool down, it is the perfect time to take out your ATV and enjoy the great outdoors. Before taking your ATV out for the first ride of the season, make sure to keep these safety tips in mind to ensure that you have a safe and fun ride.
- Invest in the right gear. Always wear a properly fitting helmet when riding your ATV, even for a very short distance. Also make sure to wear the proper riding boots, and sturdy pants and long sleeved shirt to protect yourself in case of an accident.
- Take a safety class. A safety class can help to refresh and reinforce safe habits while riding. They are a good choice for all members of the family.
- Check the weather. Before heading out on a ride, make sure to check the weather conditions in the area. Riding in not ideal weather conditions can be make the ride much more dangerous. Avoid riding in any weather conditions that you are not comfortable with.
- Let someone know where you are going. Tell a friend where you are planning on riding, and what time you think you will be back. This will allow them to contact the authorities if you get lost and do not return. Also make sure that your cell phone is charged and that you keep it with you so that you can call for help if it is needed.
- Look at a map. It is easy to get lost when you are riding in an area that is not clearly marked. Looking at a map before going out can help to give you an idea of where you should go.
Most importantly, make sure your ATV is covered with the right insurance policy. Contact Jack Stone Insurance Agency in Brentwood, California for all of your ATV insurance needs to ensure you have the right amount of coverage for any situation.