Roasted vegetable recipe – done to perfection!
Now that the holidays are upon us in Antioch, California, many are preparing for their December 25th celebrations! This is truly the time to spend with family and enjoy a home cooked meal!
A sure dish to compliment any traditional Christmas dinner is roasted vegetables! A healthy addition of vegetables not only boasts an abundance of flavor, but guests can pile them on their plate without loading on the calories.
Keeping it simple is best and with easy preparation, be sure to add this dish to your holiday table!
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped butternut squash
- 1 zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 yellow squash, sliced and quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, or more, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread oil on a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Place broccoli florets, mushrooms, butternut squash, zucchini, squash, bell pepper and onion in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and thyme; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- Place into oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve immediately.
Depending on the thickness of the vegetables, baking time (step 3) may vary!
From all of us at Jack Stone Insurance Agency, we wish you and your family a happy holiday and wonderful family dinner! Be sure to visit us for all of your insurance needs in Antioch and Brentwood, California! Contact us today for an insurance quote in Brentwood, CA!