4th of July Recipes
With the 4th of July holiday right around the corner, it is the perfect time to start planning your BBQ menu. If you are looking for some new recipes that are sure to impress all of your guests, then make sure to keep these recipes in mind.
For your strip steak with rosemary butter, you will need:
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 6-oz. beef strip steaks
- Stir together butter, rosemary, salt and pepper to taste, and 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Mix together the Italian seasoning, olive oil garlic, pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Stir in the remaining lemon rind, and rub the mixture over the steaks. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Grill the steaks, covered with a grill lid, over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve with the butter.
For the perfect side for your strip steak, try these delicious root beer baked beans. You will need:
- 3 bacon slices
- 1 diced small onion
- 2 16-ounce cans pork and beans
- ½ cup root beer
- ¼ cup hickory smoked BBQ sauce
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the dripping in the skillet. Crumble the bacon.
- Sauté the diced onions in hot bacon drippings in the skillet over high heat for 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir the crumbled bacon, onion, beans, root beer, BBQ sauce, dry mustard, and hot sauce together in a lightly greased 1 quart baking dish.
- Bake the beans, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 55 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened.
All of us at Jack Stone Insurance Agency in Brentwood, California would like to encourage you to try out these delicious recipes this holiday weekend!