Today is International Chocolate Day. Celebrate with This Recipe!
Did you know that chocolate is so loved all around the world that there it is globally observed around the world on September 13? Chocolate has been around for thousands of years, and to this day, people enjoy it in all different forms from sweet, bitter, raw, baked, and more. While we don’t need another reason to enjoy chocolate, whip up something different for International Chocolate Day. This soft brownie does just the trick!
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp soy milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unrefined sugar
- loosely packed 2 tbsp flaxmeal
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- Whisk together the oil, vanilla extract, milk, and flaxmeal. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 330F.
- Grease a 9×13 pan or line with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all remaining ingredients.
- Pour wet into dry, stir to combine, and pour into prepared pan. Smooth down. Bake 16 minutes.
- The brownies will look a little underdone when they come out, but that’s okay! Refrigerate – they start to firm up after a few hours and are nice and cut-able by the next day, and the taste is much better the next day as well.
- For the frosting, stir ingredients together to form a thin sauce. Spread over the brownies and refrigerate.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or freeze.
The team at Jack Stone Insurance Agency hope that you enjoy this recipe for International Chocolate Day! For all of your insurance policies in Antioch, Brentwood, and beyond, contact us today.