Whip up easy festive gifts with this peppermint bark recipe.
The boxes of peppermint bark only come around once a year. While store-bought bark can be laden with preservatives and a long list of ingredients, making your own peppermint bark only requires four! That’s right, you can make your own delicious bark with four ingredients that you probably have lying around in your house. Not only is this peppermint bark recipe quick and easy but it is ideal for giving out as gifts to neighbors, teachers, colleagues, and friends!
- 13.5 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3-4 organic candy canes, crushed
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving enough to hang over the edges. Crush candy canes either with a rolling pin or chop by hand with a knife. Set aside.
- Add chocolate, coconut oil, and sea salt to a double boiler. Stirring constantly, melt over medium heat until chocolate is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour melted chocolate into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Place in the freezer to set for 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and transfer to a cutting board. Cut or break the bark into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
For the protection that you need to keep you and your festivities safe, review your insurance policies. With the right coverage, you can feel rest assured that the right defenses are in your field. Contact the Antioch-local experts at Jack Stone Insurance Agency for all of your insurance needs.