Warm Up with This Tasty Pea and Mint Soup Recipe
Soup is the ultimate comfort food – and simple soup is so easy to throw together. January is National Soup Month and we can see why – the temperature has cooled off and it is officially blanket season. On those chilly weekday nights, all we want is something warming, hearty, and quick to make for supper. Luckily, this pea and mint soup recipe hits the spot. It is low in fat, high in fiber, flavor, and nutrients!
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup onion, cubed
- 7 spring onions, roughly chopped, both green and white sections
- 1 cup potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup mint leaves, cleaned and washed, tightly packed
- 1 cup spinach, tightly packed
- 2 cups frozen garden peas, thawed
- 3 1/2 cups water or vegetable broth
- In a stockpot, add oil, heat it up, add chili flakes, and garlic, and wait until garlic turns golden brown.
- Add the onion and spring onion, and fry until the onions are translucent.
- Add potatoes, mint leaves, spinach, water, and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Add garden peas and let it sit on heat for another 5 minutes.
- Purée it and there you have a creamy fresh mint soup.
Can’t finish it all? Pour the rest of the soup into a Tupperware container and store in the freezer where you can keep it a couple of days longer.
If you’re looking for quality insurance in January, look no further than your professionals at Jack Stone Insurance Agency. We serve Antioch, Brentwood, and neighboring cities in California!