Looking to save money on your homeowners insurance in Antioch? Read on.
Homeowners are always looking to save money when it comes to their homeowners insurance in Antioch. Instead of sacrificing coverage to save a few pennies every month, there are some notable credits that often go unrecognized. With the rising cost of living, every little thing helps!
Here are some things worth discussing with your insurance company that may help to save on your monthly premium.
Location and Affiliations:
- Gated community – If you live behind closed gates, the risk of theft and vandalism significantly decreases. Talk to your agent about getting some money back for lessening their risk.
- HOA – If your home is kept prim and proper under a homeowner’s association (HOA), you may be entitled to a discount on homeowners insurance.
Renovations and Upgrades:
- Renovations – New home renovations equals fewer safety risks. For example, a security camera or high-tech alarms will lessen your risk, and possibly your insurance premium.
- New wiring – Old and frail wiring often ends in failures and fire. If you install new wiring correctly, your home will be a lot safer.
- Impact–resistant roofing – Your roof is your home’s first line of defense from wind, rain, and hail. If a roof is compromised, the cost of claims can be significant. Adding impact-resistant roofing may get you rate discounts.
- Mature homeowners – Age does have its benefits! Insurance companies often reward retired homeowners as they tend to spend more time at home and can detect a home hazard.
- Non-smoker credit – If there’s a smoker in the house, your rates will be higher. Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Are you still looking for reliable homeowners insurance? Get started on a tailored policy to suit your needs and budget by contacting Jack Stone Insurance Agency, serving Antioch, Brentwood, and neighboring cities in California.