Learn the basics of home warranty and homeowners insurance and what is best for you!
Home warranty and homeowners insurance is the same, right? Wrong. Many believe that they are synonyms or that they’re so similar that coverage overlaps, but this certainly isn’t the case.
Homeowners insurance is mandatory in most cases, whereas home warranty is highly recommended. You’re looking for coverage for your home, belongings, and finances, but what policy do you need? Incorrect coverage can be costly so the right policy for you is imperative.
If you need some clarity between the two difference policies and what is best for you, read on!
- Insurance against natural disasters and calamities
- Required when you purchase a home with mortgage loan
- Covers the structure of the house, personal belongings, and liability protection
- Regulated by state authorities
- Compulsory if you have a mortgage on your home
In addition, in the event of a lawsuit from a third-party, home insurance can offer you liability protection so that you don’t have to face the expenses from a legal case alone.
- Service contract which covers major appliances
- Highly recommended if you have aging appliances
- It covers appliance repairs, plumbing, and electrical problems
- Loosely regulated
A home warranty is designed to cover the repairing or replacing the cost of major household appliances should they break down. This can include the heating or air conditioning system, electrical system, plumbing, water heater, kitchen appliances, clothes washer and dryer, garage door, and pools and spas.
This is highly beneficial for those who have high-value items within their house. For homeowners, this can save up to huge costs and, along with homeowners insurance, you won’t have to worry about your possessions or home!
To determine the best home warranty or homeowners insurance in Antioch, CA, contact Jack Stone Insurance Agency. Obtain your reliable policy in Antioch, Brentwood, and neighboring cities in California with our insurance experts!