This holiday stuffing recipe will satisfy all of the guests around your festive table.
Are you all prepared for the holidays just around the corner? The holidays are a time for friends and family to gather around a feast. If you have yet to prepare the stuffing dish, look no further than this delicious festive side dish recipe. This healthy holiday stuffing recipe is ideal for any table!
- 1 cup wild rice
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 ½ cups seedless red grapes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- ½ cup dry white wine, such as sauvignon blanc
- 1 one-pound loaf whole wheat sourdough bread, crusts removed, cut into ½-inch cubes (about 10 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- Cook the wild rice according to package directions, and drain off any remaining liquid at the end of the cooking time. Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the grapes with 2 teaspoons oil and bake on a rimmed baking sheet for 15 minutes. Lower the heat to 300 degrees. Place the bread on rimmed baking sheets and bake until dry, about 25 minutes. Place in a large bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Sauté onions and celery for 5 minutes. Add wine and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add to bread mixture, along with 4 tablespoons olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper, pecans, parsley, cooked wild rice and roasted grapes. Stir gently, then add broth. Place the stuffing in a baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees, then uncover and bake for 15 minutes longer.
From the professionals at Jack Stone Insurance Agency, we wish you a happy holiday, from our family to yours. For all of your insurance needs in Antioch, Brentwood, and neighboring cities in California, visit us today.