Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. However, with a busy schedule, it can be hard to fit in a healthy breakfast before you go to work. To ensure that you benefit from a healthy breakfast each morning, make sure to keep these healthy breakfast ideas in mind.
- Avocado toast with egg – simply toast two slices of whole grain bread, and smash an avocado on top with salt and pepper to taste. Put two sunny side up eggs on both pieces, for a protein packed breakfast. If you do not have time to enjoy them at home, put them in a Tupperware container and take them to work.
- Peanut butter banana smoothie – blend 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup almond milk, and a few ice cubes together. You can make this the night before and freeze it. By the time that you make it to your destination, the smoothie will be nice and thawed.
- Fruit and yogurt parfait – use plain Greek yogurt, and add your favorite fruit and nuts as toppings. Try to look for fruit that is in season to get the most health benefits.
- Ricotta and tomato breakfast sandwich – use two slices of whole grain bread, and spread 1 tablespoon of ricotta cheese on each and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put a couple of slices of tomato on one side, and enjoy a healthy sandwich alternative.
- PBB&C – peanut butter toast is delicious and helps to keep you full longer. Adding sliced bananas and chia seeds, which are packed full of minerals and vitamins will help take your toast to the next level.
All of us at Jack Stone Insurance Agency in Antioch, California would like to encourage you to try out these tasty recipes to help start your day off on the right foot.