Now that it is officially November, it is time to start thinking about your Thanksgiving dinner plans. Make sure to keep these kitchen safety tips in mind to ensure you have a safe holiday dinner.
- Always stay in the kitchen when you are cooking any food on the stovetop so that you are able to keep an eye on it.
- Do not leave the house when you are cooking the turkey, and make sure to check on it frequently.
- Make sure all children stay at least 3 feet away from the stove to help prevent injuries.
- Check all of your fire alarms before starting to cook to make sure that they are working properly and will warn you in case of a fire.
- Do not allow too many people in the kitchen at once to help cut down on the possibility of injuries.
One good way to keep everyone out of the kitchen while you are cooking is to put out some fun and delicious appetizers. Keep this Herman Reunion cheese ball recipe in mind this Thanksgiving.
- 3 8-oz. packages softened cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Combine cream cheese, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce in an electric food processor or blender. Add the cheddar cheese and process until the cheese is fine, but still visible. Shape the mixture into balls, and wrap them individually and place them in the freezer.
- Combine the ground pecans and parsley in a shallow bowl. Remove the balls from the freezer and roll them in the pecan mixture. Serve and enjoy.
Contact Jack Stone Insurance Agency for all of your insurance needs!