Road Trip Movies
Road trips offer both relaxation and adventure. However, if you were not able to take a road trip this summer, you may be missing out on all the fun. Luckily, there are many road trip movies that can let you experience the fun from the comfort of your couch. Check out these movies the next time you are longing to hit the road.
- Badlands – Sissy Spacek and Martin Sheen star in this 1973 flick as two criminals that are on the run through the roads of Montana and South Dakota. Allegedly, the story is roughly based on a 1958 killing spree that occurred in rural towns throughout Nebraska.
- Paper Moon – set during the Great Depression, the 1973 film follows Moses Pray and 9-year-old Addie Loggins. Moses agrees to drive Addie to Missouri to live with her aunt after her mother passes away. While a burden at first, Addie proves helpful in the con-artist schemes that Moses pulls along the way. Along the way, Addie becomes convinced that Moses is actually her father.
- Fandango – this 1985 film follows five college seniors on their epic “bromance” expedition which leads them to Mexico. The film is set just before the Vietnam war ended, and some of the young men had already received their draft letters.
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert – telling the story of three drag performers as they take their show on the road in a bus named Priscilla, this 1994 dramedy is full of comedic and insightful moments.
- The Go-Getter – the plot of this 2007 movie centers around a teenager who is searching for his estranged brother after his mother dies. However, he opts to do so in a stolen car and using a cell phone that was left in the vehicle.
While planning for your next road trip, make sure that you are covered by the right auto insurance policy. Contact Jack Stone Insurance Agency, serving Brentwood and Antioch, California for all of your car insurance needs.