Check out these Fourth of July grilling safety tips for your long weekend!
Every year, 7,000 Americans are injured while using backyard barbecue grills. More often than not, these accidents are a result of poor safety awareness. Fortunately, we have the Fourth of July grilling safety tips for your long weekend!
It’s an American tradition to get out the backyard grill to cook up a feast on the Fourth of July. Make sure that your day is full of stars and stripes and not smoke and fire (leave that to for the fireworks), read on for our top safety tips:
• Keep barbeque grills on a level surface away from the house, garage, deck, and other structures.
• Grills shouldn’t be used on a balcony or under overhanging vines or branches.
• Soak coals in water and let them cool before disposing of them in a metal container.
• Remember that the grill remains hot long after you are through barbecuing.
• Do not store propane tanks indoors.
• Keep children and pets away from the barbeque at all times.
• Do not proceed if you notice a leak from the propane tank.
• Never use the grill indoors!
• Never add charcoal starter fluid when coals have already ignited
• Keep decorations away from the grill.
• Keep a fire extinguisher within reach.
• Never leave the grill unattended.
Now that you’ve read our Fourth of July grilling safety tips, be sure to contact Jack Stone Insurance Agency, serving Antioch, Brentwood, and neighboring cities in California with reliable homeowners insurance.