Fourth of July Celebrations
Are you ready for the Fourth of July? With only a few days until Independence Day, it is the perfect time to pull out your favorite red, white, and blue decorations to show your pride. It is also the perfect time to look for ways that the whole family can celebrate together!
Local 4th of July Event
The Antioch Foundation Annual July 4th Celebration will start at 3 p.m. at the Fairgrounds, and promises to have plenty of fun and excitement. There will be a car show, kids zone, and family games throughout the grounds. The event will also feature live entertainment by Shawn Raiford & Band, Lori Maxweel & Timez End, and The Best Intentions. Make sure to stick around when the sun goes down to enjoy one of the best fireworks shows in Contra Costa County!
If you are thinking of lighting off your own fireworks this holiday, make sure to check with the local authorities to ensure that they are legal. If they are, keep these safety tips in mind when lighting up the sky.
- Never allow small children to light fireworks, and make sure that they are always a safe distance away from anyone who is lighting fireworks.
- Do not point fireworks at other people, pets, or buildings to help avoid injuries or property damage.
- Before you light any fireworks, clear the area of any flammable debris, including trash and dry foliage.
- Keep a fire extinguisher or bucket of water nearby so that you can put out any accidental fires that start.
- Before you dispose of any fireworks, soak them in a bucket of water to ensure that they are completely extinguished.
Jack Stone Insurance Agency in Brentwood, California would like to wish you and your family a happy 4th of July and remind you to stay safe!