Delicious Super Bowl Snack
Super Bowl Sunday is one of those days where dietary restrictions typically take a beating, in favor of greasy and fun foods. While you may choose to indulge on the big game day, it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy healthier versions of your favorite foods. Check out the recipe for these delicious and quick cilantro and avocado chickpea salad tacos!
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ½ T lime juice
- 2 T Bragg Liquid Aminos (or tamari/soy sauce)
- ½ tsp olive oil
- dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 corn tortillas
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat for about 30 seconds. Add the chickpeas and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the Bragg Liquid Aminos and cook until liquid is dissolved, stirring frequently. If it starts to stick, lower the heat. When the chickpeas are done, they should be a darker brown, with a slightly toasted exterior. Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- In the pan, use a fork to lightly mash the chickpeas. It should be mashed, with chunks of beans throughout.
- The mashed avocado should be in a medium/large bowl. Add the mashed chickpeas and the remaining ingredients, minus the salt and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined. Taste and then add salt and pepper if you desire. You can make this a day in advance to save on prep time later. Just refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Spoon the avocado chickpea salad into the taco shells. Garnish with tomato, cilantro, green onion, or just salsa, and serve at room temp. Enjoy!
From the team at Jack Stone Insurance Agency, we hope you enjoy this recipe! For all of your insurance policies in Antioch, Brentwood, and beyond, contact us today.