Whip up this easy and simple spring recipe for instant energy.
Gone are the days of the hearty stews and heavy soups of winter. Spring is the time of revival, and that means playing with different seasonal ingredients. If you’re looking for an on-trend spring dish that will add a spring into your step, try this easy and simple spring recipe! The ingredients are fresh, natural, and full of flavor and energy!
For the Bowl
- 1 Cup of Cooked, Shelled Edamame
- 2 Cups of Butternut Squash Cubed
- 1 Cup of Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1¼ Cup of Wild Rice
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil for vegetables
For the Cilantro Pesto Sauce
- 1 Cup of Cilantro
- 2 Cups of Arugula
- ¾ Cups of Olive Oil
- ½ Cup of Sunflower Seeds
- ½ tsp of Salt
- To Make the Sauce: In a food processor, combine cilantro, arugula, olive oil, sunflower seeds and salt.
- Blend until all ingredients are well combined and smooth in texture. You may need to scrape the sides of the blender or food processor to make sure all ingredients are blended together.
- For the Bowl: Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cut Brussels sprouts in half, place in a large bowl with cubed butternut squash, toss with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste and place on a greased baking tray.
- Slice sweet potato into ⅓” thick slices, lightly coat with olive oil and place on a baking tray. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast all vegetables for 40-50 minutes or until lightly crispy and golden brown.
- To cook rice, add 1¼ cups of rice to 2 cups of water in a saucepan and boil for 25 minutes.
- Take off heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- When veggies and rice are done, divide all ingredients including the edamame into 6 servings and add cilantro pesto sauce.
From the team at Jack Stone Insurance Agency, we hope that you enjoy this seasonal dish! For all of your insurance needs in Antioch, Brentwood, and neighboring cities in California, visit our expert team today!