Football playoffs are here, which is a great excuse to throw a playoff party. Along with picking out decorations in your favorite team’s colors, it is the perfect time to find a delicious recipe that all of your guests will enjoy. Keep this tasty meatball slider recipe in mind as an easy and delicious treat for all of your friends and family.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large baguette sliced lengthwise and then cut crosswise into 10 pieces
- 1/3 lb. fresh mozzarella, sliced to fit on the baguette pieces
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Mix the egg, beef, breadcrumbs, salt, parsley, and pepper in a large bowl until all the ingredients are combined. Make sure you do not over mix the ingredients or the meatballs will be too dense.
- Divide the mixture into balls and set aside. You should be able to get 10 balls out of the mixture.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Fry the meatballs in the oil until they are browned on all sides. You may have to fry them in batches depending on the size of your pan.
- Move the meatballs onto a baking sheet and bakefor 15 minutes, or until they are cooked all the way through.
- Assemble the sliders on the baguette by layering a slice of mozzarella, meatball, 1-2 tablespoons of tomato sauce, and a generous dusting of Parmesan cheese.
For all of your homeowners insurance coverage needs and to ensure that you are protected from any accident at your playoff party, contact Jack Stone Insurance Agency Inc. in Brentwood, California.