Football season is in full swing, which means it is time to get your home ready for all the football festivities with your friends and family. Make sure you prepare some delicious treats for your party with a new recipe! Use this yummy spring vegetable and goat cheese dip that is sure to be a hit!
- 1 cup ¾-inch pieces asparagus
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped leaks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- 1 cup grated mild white cheddar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 14-ounce chopped artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 4 ounces crumbled fresh goat cheese
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Cook the asparagus in a large pot of salted, boiling water until it is crisp-tender, which will take about 2 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add leaks to the pan and continue cooking, stirring often, until the leeks are soft, or about 10 minutes. Whisk in flour, and gradually stir in the milk. Bring the mixture to a simmer, whisking constantly. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thickened, and remove from heat. Add the cheddar, and whisk until the cheese is completely melted in and smooth. Season to taste with pepper and salt. Fold in asparagus, without the tips, artichoke hearts, peas, mint, chives, parsley, zest, and 2 oz. of goat cheese.
- Move the mixture into a 4-5 cup baking dish, and arrange the asparagus tips on top along with the rest of the goat cheese. Bake until the top is bubbling and golden brown, or about 15-20 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, and enjoy!
We would like to encourage you to try this delicious recipe for your football parties this season. Contact Jack Stone Insurance Agency for all of your insurance needs!