Easy Fajita Recipe for Cinco de Mayo
Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, and now is the time to start thinking about your menu. Part of this day is to enjoy amazing Mexican food! If you’re celebrating with friends and loved ones, why not make a meal that requires self-assembly, teamwork, and is truly delicious? Check out this veggie fajita recipe that is perfect for everyone on Cinco de Mayo.
- 1 Tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or white onion, cut into thin rounds
- 2 large or 4 baby portobello mushrooms, stems removed, wiped clean and thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados
- juice of 1/2 lime
- sea salt, cumin, & garlic powder
- optional: 1 tsp A1 steak sauce (for mushrooms)
- 6 small flour or corn tortillas
- optional: fresh red onion, hot sauce, cilantro, salsa
- Heat a large skillet and a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot add a dash of olive or coconut oil to the large skillet, then the onion and peppers. Season generously with salt, cumin and garlic powder.
- Cook until softened and slightly caramelized, stirring often. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- At the same time, add a dash of oil to the medium pan. Then add the mushrooms. Season with a bit of salt and once softened and brown, add a dash of A1 for more flavor (optional). Remove from heat, set aside and cover.
- Prepare guacamole by adding two avocados to a bowl then adding the juice of half a lime and a generous pinch of salt. Fresh cilantro and onion are optional.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave or oven and you’re ready to go. Serve tortillas with peppers and onions, mushrooms, guacamole, and any other toppings you desire such as salsa and hot sauce.
The team at Jack Stone Insurance Agency hope that you have a fun and safe celebration. For all of your insurance policies in Antioch, Brentwood, and beyond, contact us today.