Rainbow Veggie Sandwich Recipe
Did you know that August is National Sandwich Month? If you’re looking for a new and fun sandwich to celebrate this month, look no further! This rainbow veggie ‘wich is perfect for the summer season: it’s fresh, uses seasonal produce, is beautifully vibrant, and is packed full of nutrition! Whether you choose to make this for your lunch, dinner, or a weekend picnic, we hope that you enjoy this recipe!
- 2 slices of your favorite sandwich bread, or a crusty roll, sliced and lightly toasted
- 3-4 Tbsp hummus
- Rainbow Veggies/Toppings to Add:
- red: tomato, bell pepper, strawberries, shredded beets
- orange: bell pepper, shredded carrots, sweet potato, orange slices
- yellow: bell pepper, yellow beets, pineapple rings
- green: leafy greens, sliced cucumbers, avocado, pickles
- blue: roasted portobello mushroom cap, blueberries,
- purple: shredded purple cabbage, purple lettuce, purple sauerkraut
- optional: splash of oil and vinegar and pinch of salt and pepper
- optional: sprinkle of hemp or pumpkin seeds for added protein
- Toast bread.
- Slather hummus on both sides of the bread.
- Stack your rainbow using any of the options above. We recommend tomatoes, radishes, carrots, yellow beets, roasted yellow pepper, cucumber, avocado, roasted mushroom cap, shredded purple cabbage.
The team at Jack Stone Insurance Agency hope that you enjoy this recipe! For all of your insurance policies in Antioch, Brentwood, and beyond, contact us today.