How To Prepare Your Valued Vehicle For Winter
Like the great grizzly bear, your beautiful piece of machinery is best served by hibernating through the winter. A slippery roadway is no place for a classic car, but neither is a garage if you do not go through the proper processes before putting it into storage. To make sure the colder months are kind to your classic car, follow these steps:
- Carefully Clean:Take the time to detail your car before putting it away. Deep clean so that there is nothing that can be left to rot, and consider putting silica gel packs in a few strategic locations to prevent moisture buildup.
- Refill and Replace:Pop that hood and make sure all belts and hoses do not need replacing. Also make sure all the fluids are full.
- Ease The Electric:If you are removing the battery, make sure you have a way to store it and its cables correctly. You can also consider putting the battery on an automatic charger that will shut off to prevent overcharging.
- Avoid Animals: Explore ways to keep critters out of your car. From peppermint oil to ultrasonic repellers, you have a lot of options but will want to check your car periodically to make sure the method you choose is working.
- Get Gas: Add a fuel stabilizer with your tank of gas to prevent a buildup of air. Be sure to carefully read the directions before adding the stabilizer.
To get the coverage you need for your classic car, contact Jack Stone Insurance Agency in Brentwood, California today. Tailoring your auto insurance to meet your specific needs, our team at Jack Stone Insurance Agency values you as much as you value your classic ride. With an emphasis on great customer service, our team is here to get the protection you need on your valuables.