Break These Bad Driving Habits
Many motorists on the road slip into some bad driving habits when they’re comfortable on the road. From not signaling and moseying into the next lane to squeezing the lemon at traffic lights, bad habits on the road can be dangerous. These result in a crash, collision, or traffic violation. While auto insurance in Antioch, CA helps to keep you safe on the road, check out these bad driving habits to break.
Avoid these bad driving habits to help keep the road safe.
- Failing to indicate: It’s important to let other drivers and pedestrians known your next move so that they can slow down and accommodate. You know where the indicator is! Use it at least 100 feet in advance.
- Rolling through stop signs: Even if you think the streets are clear, come to a complete stop before turning or proceeding into the intersection! If you don’t and the intersection is not an all-way stop, you may cause a collision.
- Rubbernecking: You all know who you are… Slowing down to look at crashes or construction is not only dangerous but can also contribute to a chain reaction of slowed traffic. Keep your eyes on the road ahead so that you can stay alert to closed lanes or police offers directing traffic.
- Running yellow (or red!) lights: This dramatically increases your chance of a crash! If the light turns yellow before you reach the intersection, it’s best not to risk it!
- Speeding: Keeping to speed limits is not just for fun and games, it’s for your safety. Though speed limits vary by state, the general ranges are as follows:
- Residential area: 15 – 30 mph
- Undivided road (rural): 40 – 55 mph
- Divided road (rural): 55 – 70 mph
- Freeway: 55 – 65 mph
If you’re looking for ways to save on your auto insurance, safe driving habits will aid just that! Reducing your risk of an accident and eliminating dangerous driving means that you’ll encounter less risk on the road. Visit the team at Jack Stone Insurance Agency to secure reliable auto insurance for your needs.