Vacationing in your own backyard is a great way to save some money this summer, while still enjoying the warm summer weather. When spending time with your friends and family this summer, make sure to keep these backyard safety tips in mind to ensure everyone enjoys their summer.
- Never allow children to swim unsupervised.
- Install a self-locking gate around the pool to ensure that nobody can enter the pool area when there is no supervision.
- Make sure to check the filter cover for cracks or damage. Do not allow anyone to swim in the pool until a broken filter cover is broken.
- Place the grill in an open area, away from any low hanging trees, buildings, or other flammable materials.
- Always ensure the grill is clean before lighting it. Built up grease can easily start a fire.
- Keep a fire extinguisher or hose nearby when grilling to put out any accidental fires.
- Never allow small children or animals to play around the grilling area.
- Only allow one jumper on the trampoline at once.
- Always supervise children when they are playing on the trampoline.
- Install a safety net around the trampoline.
- Make sure the trampoline is securely anchored to the ground.
The fire pit
- Place the fire pit in a safe spot in your backyard, away from your home and deck.
- Never leave a lit fire pit unattended.
- Use sand to fully extinguish a fire.
- Let the coals of the fire cool completely before disposing of them into a metal container.
The lawn mower
- Always read the owner’s manual before operating the lawn mower.
- Clean up toys and other objects, such as rocks, from the lawn before mowing to prevent injuries from flying objects.
- Never run a mower in an enclosed space to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
Most importantly, make sure you have the right homeowners insurance coverage to protect you from any situation by contacting Jack Stone Ins Agency Inc. in Brentwood, California.