Walking out to where you parked your car is one of the most devastating events that can happen. Luckily, there are certain precautions that you can take to ensure that your car stays safe while it is parked. Keep these tips to avoid car theft in mind to make sure that your vehicle stays where it is parked.
- Make sure to lock up. Even if you are just running into the store for a minute, make sure to lock your doors. Leaving your car unlocked for any amount of time can make it an easier target for thieves.
- Take your keys. Never leave your keys in your car, especially not in the ignition, when you are not in it. Also avoid keeping your car idling while you are not in it.
- Look for light. Parking your vehicle under or near a street light can help deter car thieves from targeting your car.
- Roll up the windows. Leaving your windows open, even just a little can make it much easier for anyone to break into your car.
- Install an alarm system. Most thieve avoid breaking into cars that have a loud alarm since they attract attention from people in the area when they go off.
- Invest in a smart key. Smart keys have a computer chip that cannot be duplicated so that the car will not start unless the specific key is inside the vehicle.
- Take the valuables out of your car. Do not leave any valuables in your car, such as your cell phone or music player when you park it since they can be a draw for thieves.
For all of your auto insurance needs to ensure that your vehicle is protected in any situation, contact the insurance professionals at Jack Stone Insurance Agency in Brentwood, California. We can provide you with the most comprehensive auto insurance policy to protect your car from many different perils.