Try These Crowd-Pleasing Picnic Recipes
Since it’s summer, it’s time to start planning your picnic. To help, we’ve rounded up some easy and delicious recipes that are ideal for everyone. Take a look at these summer picnic must-haves.
Hummus and Avocado Wraps
- 4 to 6 whole wheat wraps
- 1 1/2 avocados
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- sea salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/8 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup hummus
- 1/8 cup sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup pitted kalamata olives, finely chopped
- Mash the avocado with lime juice, cayenne, salt and pepper until very smooth. Spread an even layer on top of 2 wraps. Add roughly chopped basil on top of the avocado mash. Then roll the wrap tightly end to end. Cut with a sharp serrated knife into pin wheel rounds
- Another option is you can place another wrap with a little bit of spread on the inside, face down onto the top to make a quesadilla. Then cut into triangles.
- Do the same for the hummus wraps and add sundried tomatoes and/or olives on top of the hummus layer. Keep refrigerated or in a cooler.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 ¾ cup water
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 Tbsps sliced olives
- fresh parsley, chopped
- olive oil, to taste
- salt and ground pepper, to taste
- smoked paprika, to taste (optional, but recommended)
- Heat some oil in a large pan.
- Add all the veggies, except tomatoes, olives, and cucumber. Season with salt and pepper and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add couscous and water. Cover, then boil until fluffy and all the water has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Add diced tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and chopped fresh parsley. Add olive oil to taste. Mix.
Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 medium to large, very ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon raw brown sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add sugar, salt, coconut oil, and vanilla extract and combine well.
- Add quinoa, shredded coconut, oats, and chocolate chips. Mix together.
- Spoon the batter onto the baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges turn golden brown and crisp. Cool on a wire rack and serve.
Let us know if you whip up these recipes! For all of your insurance needs, contact us at Jack Stone Insurance Agency today.